Monday, March 23, 2009

First Timer

My story is long-winded and complicated.

First of all, my name is Amy but not really; phonetically, it's pronounced Uh-me or kind of like friend in French - Ami. (See! I told you it's complicated.)

To give you the no-frills version of it, I'm on a leave of absence, waiting for my Green Card so I can move to New Jersey (where my husband currently resides) from Toronto. I've been in
this job-less, in-between two lives situation for about five months now. Initially, I had a hard time dealing with the pause in my life but I have recently come to embrace my time-off by exploring a "hodge podge" of interests.

Over the past few months, I've gotten into rock-climbing (right now I'm climbing 5.9 walls),


knitting,


and cake decorating.



Next month, I plan to join the
Running Room and take up acrylic painting. I'll keep you posted.

I decided to start a blog to share my new found interests and creations with my friends and anyone else who's interested.

I'd love all the feedback and tips I can get on blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, this is great! I am going to be taking up running a half marathon with the running room as well!
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete